At Relief Applications you will join a multinational team. You will be part of the innovation task force, imagining and creating cutting edge solutions to change how we help those affected by disasters.
Relief Applications is looking for an enthusiastic developer with project management skills to join our growing development team. If you want to make a difference in the world and have excellent programming skills combined with a passion for following a project throughout its cycle, then we are looking for you!
You will have a high degree of responsibility and ownership over the development of existing projects and new features to improve and enhance in mission-critical software applications.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate advocate for front and back-end best practises, scalable architecture and quality user experiences. In this role, you must be self-motivated, able to work both independently and closely with your team, coordinate and assign tasks in conjunction with the tech lead.
● Master’s / Bachelor's Degree in engineering Studies (with an IT focus) or equivalent
● 3 to 5 years work experience as IT developer
● Good English, written and spoken
● Have a passion for coding
● we value flexibility and passion), proactive and easy going
● Project management
● Team management
● Database creation, integration, and management
● Object Oriented Programming fundamentals and server-side programming
● Able to learn new technologies quickly
Nice to have
● Knowledge Django or Angular
● Cross platform mobile design
● Ensure the technical management of selected Relief Applications projects.
● Developing new features while incorporating feedback from team members and clients
● Manage workflow and maintain deadlines of simultaneous projects
● Build functionality according client/user needs, integrating open source and/or pre-built code into existing code base.
● Maintaining and upgrading legacy components to modern development standards
● Write and/or integrate with third party APIs coordinating team members during design reviews to refine user experience
● Enhance and promote knowledge exchange and support among internal
● Build reusable code and libraries for future use
Relief Applications endorses the Digital Development Principles
Due to the nature of this position, only candidates legally eligible to work in the EU may apply.
Relief Applications is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organisation.
1. Spanish work contract (possibility of consulting contract (TBC)
2. 28-33k salary range
3. Private Health Insurance
4. Flexible working hours
5. Remote work availability
6. Personal time of up to 10 hours per year, no need for a justification
7. Public transport compensation available
8. Day off on birthday
9. Professional training and development classes
10.Possibility of improving or learning a new language, with paid lessons.
11.Up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave in a year
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.